Skip to main content

featured post

This is how I bring a little bit of Brooklyn to Austin

I'd like to thank the Academy.......

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to do makeup and hair for the Oscar's.
It was a long awaited dream of mine and I feel so blessed that it came true!
So in true Oscar fashion, I would like to thank some of the people that helped me achieve this dream, or at least made their products available for me to use at the Oscars.
a picture of the table full of makeup that I lay out before each job so that everything is readily available
You all know how much I love taking pictures of my layout! this one is one of my favorites!

First and foremost, I would like to thank Diane at KohGenDo Cosmetics for generously supplying the makeup I used.


Dyana Aives of Inurface Makeup applying makeup to her client
Dyana Aives of Inurface Makeup applying makeup to her client



Here are the products that I used to get those award winning looks:






I started the day by making sure everyone was relaxed and their skin was hydrated by giving each of my clients 10 minutes of down time with a Macro Vintage Essence Mask.












Then I primed their skin with

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Primer to smooth the skin and hold makeup on longerPeterThomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Primer

 a tube of Maifanshi Makeup Color Base Lavender Pink

For those that needed a little extra help with sallow skin I used Maifanshi Makeup Color Base Lavender Pink









a tube of Maifanshi Moisture Foundation.



After priming the skin I used my favorite foundation Maifanshi Moisture Foundation.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation because it brings out beautiful tones in the skin and creates a flawless canvas.






kogendoh concealer palette with 3 shades of concealer to hide imperfections


I then concealed any other imperfections with concealer (I like to conceal AFTER I apply foundation so that it doesn't move the concealer around and I am only using enough to cover what the foundation didn't)
Maifanshi Natural Lighting Powder to set the foundation.






and finished with Maifanshi Natural Lighting Powder to set the foundation.


I then contoured and highlighted the face with my Too Faced Bronzing Palette
contoured and highlighted the face with my Too Faced Bronzing Palette



Maifanshi Mineral Eye Shadow brown , vanilla, sienna & azure





I used Maifanshi Mineral Eye Shadow to create a beautiful and natural palette on the eyes.









A tube of Maifanshi Long Lush Treatment Mascara
Finally two coats of Maifanshi Long Lush Treatment Mascara


Maifanshi Lipstick in pink beige
and some Maifanshi Lipstick in pink beige  to complete the look.



plastic palettes to hold lipsticks, pencils, eyeshadows and other makeup






I would also like to thank Brenda Green for generously supplying her new VuSet Palettes.



 picture of VuSet Palettes.and all the lipsticks i can fit in them
These are amazing and I have no idea how I have gone without them for so long! Anyone (makeup artists especially) who has dealt with too many tubes of lipstick taking up too much space or the time it takes looking for that perfect color by having to remove the cap of every lipstick you own, would do back flips for these palettes. Here is a picture of the 48 tubes of lipstick that used to dominate my kit, now I have them in two pocket sized palettes that take up a bit more room than my iPhone. AMAZING!











Here are the other palettes available
contact Brenda Green on Facebook to order your own!
 https://www.facebook.com/brenda.green.31924?ref=ts&fref=ts


And last but definitely not least..... I would like to thank Niki at Gypsy Sparkle www.GypsySparkle.com for my absolutely gorgeous faux fur brush roll!
Gypsy Sparkle faux fur brush roll
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember. It fits all my brushes and I have a ton, and displays them beautifully in a faux fox roll. Contact her to get one of your own!

Thank you all for making this a day to remember forever!

LINKS:
http://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/
http://www.peterthomasroth.com/
http://www.toofaced.com/
https://www.facebook.com/brenda.green.
http://www.gypsysparkle.com/

Comments

  1. I love everything here and I'm sure your Oscar makeup was killer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DYING over your brush roll! LOVE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeee toooo! Write to her at nikiandjay@gmail.com & tell her that "dyana sent ya" for a discounted price on the brush roll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Show me some love...leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The long awaited post about THE MAKEUP SHOW !

I know, I know,..... it's been forever since my last post, and I could make excuses and say " a cross country move, a breakup, another move, (not necessarily in that order)...sometimes life gets in the way"..... but truth be told, I got sooooo much loot at the makeup show that I wanted to be able to actually use it, and not just on myself, but on my clients, so that when I spoke to you about it, I'd actually have something to say. So without further adieu, I give you ..... The Makeup Show LA Bloggger Bag There was so much in this "goodie bag" that I almost don't know where to start.  I have a few favorites that I could go on and on about so I'll leave those for last. I will say this, there are some things that I selfishly will keep in my own makeup bag that my pro-kit will never know about!!! ***to purchase all these products, just click on the underlined links below*** First up Model in a Bottle, @ModelinaBottle One of my friend Step

Celebrity Red Carpet Makeup & Hair Whitney Cummings

I recently had the pleasure of doing makeup & hair on another one of my favorite funny ladies, Whitney Cummings. If I didn't know better, I'd say I'm starting to become the female comics makeup artist. First Sarah Silverman, then Margaret Cho, Parker Posey and now Whitney Cummings? You may remember Whitney from Chelsea Lately's roundtable, or "roasts" of Joan Rivers, David Hasselhoff, and Donald Trump. Her next project is an NBC sitcom called appropriately "Whitney". I met Whitney at her hotel, her face scrubbed clean, and could not get over how flawless her skin was! She is absolutely gorgeous, the Angelina Jolie of comedy. She has the most beautiful alabaster skin, unlike most LA women she isn't sprayed orange or tanned, so I wanted to let her true complexion shine through. Since her skin was already moisturized, I started with KohGenDo's Makeup Color Base in green, just to tone down any redness Then I used Aqua Foundation in PK

The Real (bend and) Scoop on Sticky Bras

When I mention the term "Strapless Sticky Bra", what visual comes to mind? Is it two beige yarmulkes stuck to your boobs? Or for those of you above a B cup is it sad Mickey Mouse ears, or a subsequent collapse of support?  When I bought the Yale Stuart Strapless sticky bra to review, I already had a preconceived notion in my head that it wouldn’t work. I have natural 34C boobs. I emphasize "natural" because I don’t have a gravity defying boob job, like most of the models advertising this type of product. My boobs are still perky for someone my age, one of the advantages of not having a child and breast-feeding, but regardless I’m not brave enough to go "commando" in a strappy sundress. So when I tell you I put this baby to the test, believe me! I wore this under my spaghetti strap dress and went out dancing in the Florida heat and humidity. Surprisingly, it passed the boogie down test with minimal jiggle and no slippage. After about three hours of shaki

portfolio gallery